BOB MARKS ASTROLOGER NETWORK

A community of Astrological Mentors, Apprentices and Enthusiasts
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:17 pm 

hello,
i have been unemployed for a year now and since i m all the time home applying for jobs and doing interviews and becoming frustrated with being stuck i was thinking maybe i should go and travel for some time maybe this would help me to bring new energies. what do you think?
this was my dream for long time now but what makes me hesitant is that i would go alone and also i do not want to spend my savings since i am out of work but on the other hand maybe it would be a good thing to that would change this boring situation i am now.
is this trip a good or bad idea?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:28 pm 

L1 libra ruled by venus in 4th house capricorn ruled by saturn triplicity
L9 gemini - mercury in 3rd house sag ruled by jupiter terms of the planets
moon in 12 house virgo
moon makes a square to mercury
mercury is retrograde
so maybe the answer is no?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:23 pm 

Astro Laywoman Alana stated:

Quote:
L1 libra ruled by venus in 4th house capricorn ruled by saturn triplicity
L9 gemini - mercury in 3rd house sag ruled by jupiter terms of the planets
moon in 12 house virgo
moon makes a square to mercury
mercury is retrograde
so maybe the answer is no?

I'm very grateful that you have attempted to answer your horary, so many only seem to be seeking free advice without contributing any knowledge, much less attempting to study any books! :roll:

Yes, Gemini as the sign on the 9th(long distance travel) is the house of the matter. And Mercury being Rx says what?

Note William F. Lilly's view about Rx lord of the matter:

http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/aphor/aphor.html

"#13 A Retrograde Planet, or one in his first station, Significator in Question, denotes ill in the Question, discord and much contradiction."

I took the liberty to copy this quote as the owner of the website well knows that lilly's book Christian Astrology is in the area of Public Domain; in other words there is no copyright infringement! :o

Note what is said about Rx by this modern author:

https://books.google.com/books?id=uM_u3 ... 27&f=false

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... a940754130

So, just by noting the Rx lord of the 9th, we see this trip is NOT a great idea at this time.

Alana, it will be easier to read the horoscope if you use the LIZ GREENE or the format that is available initially on http://www.astro.com, the style you chose is harder for many of us to read.

Note the horoscopes in my other posts and you'll see what I mean in clarity!

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:06 pm 

just by noting the Rx lord of the 9th, we see this trip is NOT a great idea at this time Wise men truly know how little they know

gclub royal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:34 pm 

I have noted many professional astrologers when Mercury is Rx get confused or misunderstand concepts being communicated to the other: I mean the best of them on forums frequently do this.

But lacking the date, time, location one can not calculate the lord of the hour nor see the speed of the planets as found in additional tables on astro.com

ALSO, for those of you who wish to keep your location anonymous for various worthy reasons, if you look up a longitude 15, 30, 45 or 60 degrees away East or West with the same latitude and calculate the horoscope for that location it will come out nearly the same providing the minutes of both the Longitude and Latitude are very close. In other words research a city on the same parallel of latitude in 15 degree increments from you location East or West, and PRESTO the same chart appears, the closer the minute co-ordinates the better!

For Example take a horary where one is located at say Chicago, Illinois with the following co-ordinates:

41.8781° N, 87.6298° W

For example, since Chicago, Illinois is just south of the 42nd parallel of latitude, go East 15 degrees from this map:

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/i ... -long.html

To Hartford, Connecticut with a latitude and Longitude that correlates to the similar as Hartford is about 15 degrees East:

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/c ... -long.html

This is very close with coordinates of:

41.7637° N, 72.6851° W

And subtracting 15 degrees of longitude from that of Chicago, Illinois at 87.6298° W will give:

Chicago 87.6298° W

Minus 15

Where Hartford, Connecticut is located at 72.6851 longitude.

Then find a more detailed map of Hartford, Connecticut and note Windsor, is slightly north, and very close to the 15 degrees East of Chicago needed to calculate a worthy chart that is very simular though in a totally different longitude with very near the exact latitude.

http://www.lat-long.com/Latitude-Longit ... ndsor.html

http://www.lat-long.com/Latitude-Longit ... ndsor.html

41.8526° N, 72.6437° W

Chicago, Illinois coordinates are:

41.8781° N, 87.6298° W

And look at the similarity with 15 degrees east subtracted giving Windsor, Connecticut's coordinates:

41.8526° N, 72.6437° W

If one views a USA map and finds a location 15 degrees East or West, or even 30 or 45 degrees west, with a very near latitude the horary horoscope will be very close; practically the same! :o

I can understand why some may wish to be discrete about their location but with out the necessary data we can not do the needed methods Lilly utilized and those before him!

I realize if one is located in a very small nation this is Not as simple, as various nations have different Standards of time. One will have to experiment to make the necessary adjustments!

Also, Anthony Louis, when a Modern horary artist, said in his first horary book,Horary Astrology: The History and Practice of Astro-Divination , '...that generally 85% of the time the first aspect to the lord of the quesited gives the answer, accurate like weather forecasting...'.

Now why would we as artists of horary only seek to be 85% reliablity?

Luna is at 11Lib17 and making a quartile to Hermes at 14Cap30 Rx, again emphasizing NO, it is not a great time to travel.

However the querant and artist during this Mercury Rx has not understood why I have insisted upon certain things in this horary for accuracy!

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=WYC

" Matthew 2:1-12Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

2 Therefore when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Juda, in the days of king Herod, lo! astrologers [lo! kings, or wise men,] came from the east to Jerusalem,

2 and said [saying], Where is he, that is born [the] king of Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and we have come to worship him.

3 But king Herod heard, and was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.

4 And he gathered together all the princes of priests, and scribes of the people, and inquired of them, where Christ should be born.

5 And they said to him, In Bethlehem of Juda; for so it is written by a prophet,

6 And thou, Bethlehem, the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda; for of thee a duke shall go out, that shall govern my people Israel.

7 Then Herod called privily the astrologers [the kings], and learned busily of them [busily learned of them] the time of the star that appeared to them.

8 And he sent them into Bethlehem, and said, Go ye, and ask ye busily of the child, and when ye have found, tell ye it to me [tell again to me], that I also come, and worship him.

9 And when they had heard the king, they went forth [went away]. And lo! the star, that they saw in the east [And lo! the star which they saw in the east], went before them, till it came, and stood above, where the child was.

10 And they saw the star, and joyed with a full great joy.

11 And they entered into the house, and found the child with Mary, his mother; and they felled down, and worshipped him. And when they had opened their treasures, they offered to him gifts, gold, incense, and myrrh.

12 And when they had taken an answer in sleep, that they should not turn again to Herod, they turned again by another way into their [own] country."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:57 pm 

Sometimes we have small crises and we are pretty much forced into asking a horary immediately.

But due to Mercury being Rx, it would have been better to wait until it was over to ask this one.

Note the artist didn't carry on the delineation!

And there are many factors an artist must consider in arriving at the verdict, Lilly weighed a lot of factors before he gave his judgment!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 am 

ya definitely u can,