BOB MARKS ASTROLOGER NETWORK

A community of Astrological Mentors, Apprentices and Enthusiasts
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vertex in Signs & Houses
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:03 am 

Quote:
Here are some of my observations about the Vertex

a) It is a geometrical point, like the nodes, and not a planet, so it is inherently symbolic, and people associate it with the nodes.
b) It can only fall in houses 5-8 so is considered by most to be about relationships as these are the relational houses.
c) It tends to little significance in the natal chart and only seems active in synastry, composites and horary.
From these observations I tend to think of the Vertex as giving a very tiny hint at how the the individual relates to other people- to me it gives that extra bit of strength to the interpretation of the house its in, which coupled with Venus, the 7th house and other planets in the area can be worked into an overal interpretation.

Vertex in aspect in a natal chart only serves to strengthen the planet in question. (With tighter orbs.) But not by much. When seen as a fated point, it must act more like Saturn, as, Draco said, the fate can be seen as limiting to the will or mode of expression (Mars and Sun.) However fate is a very vague concept, and before I get bogged down discussing the natal chart, I find the Vertex more significant in chart comparison. First however, I'll discuss how fate may work in a relationship.

As fate is a vague concept, one can think of it as events that were fixed from the very beginning. However the nature of those events may be infinitely variable. For instance my mother always told me that what we ate was fated from the very beginning, and would aways comment at how a day would end quite randomly with us eating at some rather distant relative or friend's house. That we were to eat there was always fated in her eyes, but the manner in which we ended up there was something she never considered.
I may be fated to meet X as we have the required synastry together, but that does not dictate in what circumstances I meet X, or how I cope with it. If I am fated to be at a certain place at a certain time to see a certain person, it has no bearing on how successful I am when I am there (I may be dressed in rags, I may be dressed in kashmir) and has no bearings on what I may do to X- (how else do relationships end up so badly :P )

Going back to the Vertex- I believe it shows a predisposition to the types of energies when it comes up in synastry to the personal planets of another. Yet this predisposition is a vague one, it is up to the individual to study the energies between him or herself and the partner, to see how the planetary energy manifests. The energy may be unavoidable when the Vertex acts as in a Saturnian manner, but its manifestation may be entirely dependant upon how the two people act. Each planet may be positively expressed blah blah, and some people may find it harder to positively express a planet than others in the natal chart blah.

In my personal experience, I've found strong Vertex aspects to Venus in the first few people I ever liked. Since then however, the Vertex has been less significant in all synastry- so maybe I dealt with my Vertex issues, or was more susceptible to 'fate' when I was younger?
by The sundance kid, http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... ght=vertex

Vertex
"Those who use the Vertex generally feel it is a point of karmic or fated connection. Some consider it a point of "wish fulfillment". It is perhaps most widely used in synastry. The Vertex is said to be activated at major turning points in our lives, most notably when we meet a significant other or end a significant relationship, and some believe it is triggered when there is a birth or death
It is important to note that when romantic partners have conjunctions between one person's Vertex and the other person's personal planets (and/or going both ways), it doesn't necessarily mean the relationship is a blissful, "happily ever after" one. That is hardly the case. However, it does suggest a powerful connection.” http://www.cafeastrology.com/vertex.html

When there are transits or progressed aspects to the Vertex, the qualities of the Vertex sign will be emphasized. Under favorable aspects, we are drawn by people (indicated by the House position) to express the aptitudes of the Vertex sign. Under afflictions, we seem to have problems with the Vertex sign energy.

Aries: In cultivating Aries energy, you will be drawn into taking charge in emergencies, taking the initiative and developing fast solutions to crises situations. There will be no time to coordinate efforts. Circumstances in the life will force you to pick up the reins of leadership and react to emergencies as a trouble shooter. You will be commanded to be your own person rather than stay on the sidelines, waiting for someone else to do it or ducking out completely.

Taurus: You will be forced to develop a sense of self-worth and material self-sufficiency, not relying upon others for support and not being obligated to others. You may be drawn into helping others achieve financial security or make value judgments for another. Freedom is found through financial independence. Esoterically, it is associated with the ability to let go, to simplify that which is complicated and to extricate by eliminating indebtedness. This can be for self, as well as others. Speak your truth when necessary and honor your own values and principles. Be willing to stand up for what you believe to be true.

Gemini: You will be drawn to teach, to present your own ideas and to back up the information with facts. Gemini will draw you into a relationship or work activity that will demand that you learn to be flexible and to do more than one thing at a time. Flexibility is often connected with allowing others to change their minds, something that Gemini does quite easily.
You may be forced to debate and prove your views or to relay the messages of others correctly. You may be forced to prove your believability, choosing your words correctly and not relying upon generalities. Such an individual may not like the pressure of facts but this will ultimately build confidence in communication skills. You will learn that in theorizing you give your power away, being at the mercy of others who fight with the facts.

Cancer: In this life, you will be pulled into dealing directly with the public, with the media, with the emotions of others—often this starts with the emotional issues in the family, depending upon the Vertex House position. In dealing with the emotional issues in your relationships with others, you will be drawn into soothing troubled water and nurturing others’ needs. You may also be drawn into dealing with issues connected with women in general. Cancer is the sign of the masses, mass trends and Universal Consciousness. This position can provide and opportunity to assess and spot trends on behalf of the public interest.
The natural tendency with the anti-vertex in Capricorn is to appear authoritative and unemotional. Now you are to learn compassion for the feelings of others. In this lifetime, you cannot let others down. You must get emotionally involved and care!

Leo: In this lifetime, you must learn to get personally involved so that you gain recognition for yourself and not share the glory with the group. You are to learn to be creative and to cultivate Self-Expression and Willpower. The tendency is to fade into a group rather than individualize. Individualization is the task at hand. A personal approach to dealing with people is needed rather than a detached and objective orientation.

Virgo: In this lifetime, the individual will be drawn to provide a service which brings something to a practical, useful order. Since the anti-vertex is in Pisces, the individual already understands and has experienced confusion but now you must learn to bring order out of chaos. Remember, Virgo rules useful service, not servitude. One client has this Vertex in the 7th and she is an accountant, working on the financial chaos of others.

Libra: In this lifetime, the individual will be drawn into learning how to bridge opposing factions, to mediate compromises, to restore fairness and to bring harmony out of conflicting issues in order to re-establish peace and order. Because the anti-vertex is in Aries, the individual must not allow personal desires to influence the situation. The individual must not take sides or impose the personal ego. The need is to detach the self, make no judgments and establish harmony that would benefit the whole rather than any specific individuals.

Scorpio: In this lifetime, the individual will be drawn into dealing with that which is complicated, matted and ensnared. Plutonian issues connected with the abuses of power can be involved, fighting for the rights involved with exploitation issues. The individual maybe drawn to working with the finances of others, assisting them in achieving security and empowerment. I have one client who was compelled to investigate death/dying issues, learning to transform and heal, learning metaphysics in order to help others.
Since Taurus is the anti-vertex, it is too easy to stay in one’s comfort zone, taking the line of least resistence, not jeopardizing personal security and comfort. You must give strength and courage to the concerns of others, overcoming the fears that make you too comfortable with the status quo.

Sagittarius: In this lifetime, you must go beyond the facts in order to see the Big Picture. You may be drawn to give testimony wherein you must draw conclusions from many facts. The Gemini details may look good for now but they do not serve in the long run. The individual must teach at an expanded or philosophical level based upon the accumulated facts—extracting wisdom from what you know. Go beyond the facts to the truth of the matter. Do not get bogged down with superficial, gossipy information. You will be drawn to deal with philosophical, spiritual or moral issues in connection with the Vertex House position.

Capricorn: The individual will be called to develop skills in responsible leadership. It is essential that you learn to accept duties and obligations for a future control. Leadership and organizational ability go hand-in-hand and you must learn patience to cultivate these skills. Do not allow your emotions and fears to interfere with a realistic attitude in administration. It is essential that the individual not allow the needs of home, family or feelings of insecurity to impede in fulfilling your destiny and thereby rise to a position of respect.

Aquarius: First, you must learn tolerance for the differences in others. This would be particularly true if Saturn and Earth-Water signs are strong in the chart. If Uranus and Fire-Air signs are strong, the individual must learn how to coordinate one’s efforts with other independent, task oriented types. Regulating Uranian people is a hard-learned lesson! Since the anti-Vertex is in Leo, the individual must guard against allowing one’s strong subjective and “MY WAY” opinions to interfere with cooperation. The lesson is to be detached and impersonal.
Any prejudices will come back to haunt you in this lifetime. Learn to be a good friend, to be a part of group effort rather than trying to shine on one’s own. When tolerance is not an issue for the individual, I find that there is some difficulty working with group energy. One client felt that she needed to learn to function and protect herself while working within groups.

Pisces: In this lifetime, the individual is to cultivate sensitivity for the intangibles rather emphasizing the pragmatic, the materialistic and the fine points fo detail. The individual will go through experiences that bring out compassion, the ability to listen with empathy to the concerns of others, and experiences that will make for greater sensitivity to the suffering of others. Another lesson is to let go of criticism. With the anti-Vertex in Virgo, it is easy to zero in on the details, the flaws and imperfections, losing sight of the whole. Learn to go with the flow. Do not judge by rules but rather by instinct and compassion."
http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-art ... atal-chart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:09 am 

"How significant is the vertex astrologically?Here lies the debate. Some well-versed astrologers will say the vertex means relatively nothing. Others will say it is a point of great significance. If it does have meaning, what is it?
The vertex appears as a sensitive point linked to fateful encounters with others, seemingly sudden epiphanies, turning points in life and a destiny over which we have no control. Activated, it can synchronize with an experience of another whose effect registers as some degree of profound or extraordinary.

A strongly placed natal vertex (conjunct the horizon, in close aspect to a personal planet, in a critical degree or in the degree of the nodes) can indicate more consistent results.

What activates the Vertex? Three things can trigger, coincide or activate the vertex: transits, people and places.
Transits to the vertex can bring inner and outer events corresponding to a pivotal point, significant encounter with another or a sudden change of perception. The transiting planet activates the symbolism of the vertex, coinciding with a major or minor event. Keeping orbs tight and sticking mainly to the conjunction will bring more consistent results. A transiting conjunction from Mars would likely be more noticeable than a transiting trine from Uranus, although sometimes that is not the case. The magnitude of the effect depends on the prominence of the vertex itself, its relationship to other factors in the chart and the occurrence of other transits, commensurate or disparate. Along with transits, students are encouraged to consider progressions, converse progressions and directions.

Meetings with significant people, as seen through synastry and composite charts, may also link strongly to the vertex. (Think of people as constant transits.) When one person's inner planets or asteroids (Sun through to Jupiter), angles, nodes, vertex or certain Arabic parts conjunct the vertex, there can be a feeling of fate, destiny, rightness or wrongness about the encounter. Something in the contact with that person may have the ability to create profound change in the native, over a long or short period of time. The change may be perceived as pleasing or acrimonious, the conjunction often reflecting the former, the opposition the later.

Our location on the planet can awaken the vertex as seen through relocation charts and astro-carto-graphy. When we relocate, the vertex may become more prominent by changing house or aspect to an angle. The relocation vertex can signify places where meaningful encounters of a particular nature seem to happen more consistently.

What about the sign and house position of the vertex?The house positions of the vertex/anti-vertex can offer clues as to where we may experience turning points, meetings with destiny or fateful encounters in life. As noted earlier, the vertex falls usually between the fifth and the eight house, on the western side of the chart, with the anti-vertex 180 degrees opposition.

In the fifth/eleventh house axis, there could be a propensity to experience fateful romantic or creative encounters (fifth house) through contacts with friends or groups (eleventh house). In the sixth/twelfth house axis, the turning point, or spin out, could effect our day by day living, or our link between psyche and soma (sixth house) through contact with those in the helping professions, those less fortunate or through dreams and creative fantasies (twelfth house). In the seventh/first house axis, sudden epiphanies could radically effect socially significant partnerships (seventh house) through an experience of projecting ourselves out into the world (first house). In the eighth/second house axis, destiny may arrive in the form of an erotic encounter or intense research (eighth house) perpetrated by a desire for pleasure, security or peace (second house).

The vertex/anti-vertex by sign can signify the way we may experience activation to this axis. Aries/Libra could indicate issues between personal will and sharing, where Taurus/Scorpio may be about security verses risk. Gemini/Sagittarius could contrast knowledge and vision, where Cancer/Capricorn could emphasize protection verses enterprise. The Leo/Aquarius axis might highlight self-expression as opposed to group participation where the Virgo/Pisces might compare structured boundaries and limitless longing.
Conclusions:The vertex is a point in the horoscope that can indicate a sense of destiny working through another person or outstanding event. It may be stimulated by transits, progressions or directions, other people (synastry/composite) or a change of location. The house and sign position can offer clues as to where the change or turning point may take place and in what way. All students are encouraged to watch the vertex in their own charts, determining for themselves the relative value. After all, we never know when Vertumnus might enter our garden in the guise of someone else, offering an unexpected turn of fate!

Calculating the Vertex: Most astrology software programs offer the option of calculating the vertex in the chart. To find the Vertex by hand, you calculate the Ascendant at your co-latitude. That’s the Ascendant at 90 degrees, minus your latitude. The IC becomes the mid-heaven and, using the table of houses, you look up the “Ascendant” (Vertex) associated with the new MC and latitude.OR, you can go to AstroDienst and include it in the many chart options, calculating it on line for free.(I would double check the hand calculations against their computer results at first, just to make sure.)"
http://www.falconastrology.com/vertex.htm

"Vertex In Astrology (the Nitty Gritty)
So anyway, based on the astrological Vertex being located on a "turning point" in your sky chart, it then probably has something to do with "turning points" in your life. It does. Based on it being located in the 5th through 8th houses, then you can also bet it quite often has something to do with "meetings of people." Again, it does.
Here's my personal astrological rule of thumb definition of the Vertex: the astrological Vertex is a sensitive point on the chart (any chart) that during unusual, extraordinary times feels like an electric, fortunate "turning point" or a meeting with "Destiny's Gate."
As mentioned above, all self-respecting axes function as "gateways," "funnels," or "openings" into the astrological chart. As such, when a birth (natal) planet is conjunct your birth Vertex/anti-Vertex axis it may typically add strength to this planet's placement and its potential efficacy in your life.

In practice, the Vertex often feels like a compulsive, yet fortunate experience and meeting up with destiny that you couldn't avoid (even if you wanted to). According to Bill Meridian (Mountain Astrologer, June/July 2001), astrologer, Charles A. Jayne who (along with Lorne Johndro) first proposed using the astrological

Vertex, "felt this point was fated and that it represented matters beyond our control."
It was Johndro that nicknamed the Vertex the "electric ascendant."
Here's how I typically use the Vertex (and the anti-Vertex):

Destiny's Gate can (among other things) be:

• a person (and how they effect you)
in synastry, the most effective when another person's natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Midheaven, Venus or Mars conjuncts your natal Vertex or anti-Vertex. I've gotten a wee bit stingy in my old age - and I only (90% of the time) use conjunctions when looking at the Vertex and anti-Vertex. Also, the slower a planet is... the more narrow my orbs tend to get when looking at cross aspects with the Vertex and anti-Vertex.
• a time (when you meet a special person)
when a transiting planet conjuncts your birth Vertex or anti-Vertex.

Be Careful What You Wish For
Through the years, I've discovered that it's a whopping big mistake to overly romanticize the Vertex and/or the people that it brings into our lives. In this regard, I especially like what my good friend Aussie astrologer Judy Crichton Weeks has to say about the Vertex. In a nutshell, she feels that the Vertex is a "relationship" point and a "wish fulfillment" point. When the Vertex is involved, we may get exactly what we wished for, but then again we might (or might not) get it in a "perverse manner."
Yep! You (like me) may feel as if you've literally "wished" this destined meeting with a person into existence. However, later on (after everything's said and done)... she... er, I mean... "Destiny's Gate" may not feel quite as "fortunate" as you originally thought! Okay?
This destined meeting often fills one up with the sense of needing to bring something (or someone) to "completion." As often as not, a Vertex person can complicate your life. You may even find that you simply can't "let go" of that pesky Vertex person (maybe for years or even decades) until the "business" between the two of you is finished and/or somehow felt to be complete.

Final Word Of Caution
Now here's where some I'm going to lose some of you...
As previously mentioned, the Vertex is a sensitive point on the chart (any chart) that during unusual, extraordinary times feels like a fortunate "turning point" or a meeting with "Destiny's Gate."

When folks first discover the Vertex, they usually go a little "hog wild" with it! It seems like most us assume anything and everything about us and our chart is going to be unusual and extraordinary. It's not and we're not.
So... yes, there are those "unusual, extraordinary" times when the Vertex (and/or the Anti-Vertex) on a chart gets "lit up" and becomes very powerful. Then, it seems, that in every subsidiary chart cast (in relation to that original chart) - the Vertex is equally strong and "lit up."
But then, there are plenty of other times when it (the Vertex) ain't doing a blessed thing... there are plenty of times when (for example) the transiting Sun or Venus is going to pass over your birth chart and you're not about to meet a new and exciting lover (and/or you're not going to come into easy money). Other times... it may mean exactly that.
Here's one small concrete example:

My birth (natal) Venus is closely conjunct my birth (natal) Vertex. As such, I've gotten involved with two of the life changing (and gut wrenching) "loves of my life," almost exactly at the very moment the transiting Sun and/or Venus was passing over my birth (natal) Vertex and/or anti-Vertex.

The problem is that the Sun and/or Venus have also fortunately, once each year, each passed over my birth (natal) Vertex and anti-Vertex (so far, 108 some other times) when I didn't meet one of the life changing (and gut wrenching) "loves of my life."
The times that the Vertex did whisk someone significant into my life... there was, of course, lots of other major stuff going on in my chart and in their charts (including, in one case, where the transiting North Lunar Node was exactly conjuncting her birth North Lunar Node at precisely the moment we laid eyes on each other - and that "puppy" only happens once every 18.5 years or so).
So the example of the Sun or Venus passing over one's birth Vertex and/or anti-Vertex generally appears to serve as a minor transit that sometimes acts as a trigger for another more major transit, secondary progression, and/or solar arc.

Feeling Frustrated?

For all those folks who prefer and need solid, firm (1, 2, 3) definitions of astrological points and symbols that you can always dogmatically count on and use - the Vertex is going to be downright frustrating and elusive. Questions arise, such as: "How do I use it?" "How do I know when to use it?" "How do I know when not to use it?"
Good! I'm glad that it frustrates and confuses you. You may actually be on the verge of learning something very important about the true nature of astrology and artfully working with living, active symbols...
Major Chart Axes Rundown and Recap
• The Ascendant/Descendant axis is nicknamed the Magnetic axis.
• The Midheaven/IC axis is nicknamed the Gravity Axis.
• The Lunar Nodes axis is nicknamed the Karmic (or fate) Axis.
• and finally the Vertex/ Anti-Vertex axis is nicknamed the Electric Axis."
http://thezodiac.com/notworth.htm
Quote:
The Vertex Axis: A Special Doorway
by guest astrologer Alice McDermott
Alice McDermott is an eminent Australian Astrologer who, as Alice Portman, has consulted and taught professionally for 35 years. In 1984, she received her Professional Member of the Federation of Australian Astrologers (PMFAA) qualification and became an Examiner for the FAA in 1986-1988.

She first My conclusions are:
The Vertex axis is not an especially strong point in a natal chart unless it has a planet or Node conjunct it or in close to exact aspect with it.
• If it has a planet or Node conjunct, it often becomes an over-riding force that makes the Vertex and that planet stronger than anything else in the chart, including a planet conjunct the Ascendant or MC.
• If it has a planet in close aspect it enhances that planet’s nature, its sign and house to a considerable degree, making that planet a very strong focus in the chart.
• A planet conjunct or in a close to exact aspect to the Vertex tends to give a specific and often intense destiny – something the person is required to do or experience for greater soul development, or must do in order to find meaning in life – or both!
• Therefore Vertex stimulation can have an almost compulsive effect that overrides all other considerations.
The Vertex axis can have such a strong effect because it is the third and most powerful axis in the life development process.
The Ascendant axis describes the physical body and brain and the environment in which a child is reared. A child does not see herself or himself as an individual, but as a part of a family and the environment.

As this child grows into an adult, s/he develops a sense of self as an individual, and eventually moves into the world to “make a mark”. This process is described by the MC axis, and in our cultures this process is mainly experienced through a career or avocation.
The Vertex axis stimulates Cosmic Awareness, an understanding that an individual is an integral part of the Universe, not just an isolated, separate entity. This is an enormously important and deeply freeing realization, but it can often require intense experiences (pleasant and/or unpleasant) to awaken someone to this understanding. This doesn’t mean that people without planets on angles in connection to the Vertex don’t have cosmic awareness, but it does mean that there is not such a strong stimulus to develop this awareness in this lifetime.
The Vertex axis can be likened to a doorway that gives access to other realities. It is usually highly emphasized, with a planet conjunct (orb 8°), in the charts of people who have this ability. The doorway is of the nature of the sign and house where the Vertex resides and powerfully emphasizes that sign, making it at least as important as that of the Ascendant and MC.
Astrologers often have Uranus and/or Neptune in close contact with the Vertex. Our own host, Noel Tyl, has Vertex in Scorpio quindecile Uranus in the 11th house. It seems he was destined to re-discover this very important aspect (the quindecile) and present it to the astrological community.

Following the Vertex as guide to other realities opens the door to subtle aspect measurements (harmonics). Septile (7th harmonic) patterns give the ability to understand other realities, the Vertex gives the ability to access other realities and so the combination of a septile pattern and a planet conjunct the Vertex is common in the natal charts of inspirational people, psychics and magicians. Uri Geller (20 December 1946, 2.00 am, Tel Aviv, Palestine) has Vertex conjunct North Node-Uranus in Gemini in a septile pattern with Moon-Venus-Jupiter-Saturn – surely a clear indication of his exceptional nature and gifts and the extraordinary experiences in his life.
Intensely creative people often have a planet conjunct the Vertex axis together with a quintile (5th harmonic) aspect or pattern.
Some exceptional people have a novile (9th harmonic) aspect or pattern connected to the Vertex. As the novile series of aspects are connected to initiation, this combination gives an intense initiation during this lifetime. It also gives the ability to act as an initiator for others.

FORECASTING
When the Vertex and the planet(s) it conjoins move to exact aspect by Solar Arc, key periods are clearly marked in childhood. There is usually a year made crucial through a major event, if there is also a transit or eclipse trigger, or through internal discovery of an unusual facet to your nature. From then on, all transits, Solar Arcs and Progressions to this point are highly sensitive, though not all will bring events in the outer world. The year that Solar Arc or Progressions bring together the Vertex and its ruler is also a powerful period.
Transits, Solar Arcs and Progressions involving the Vertex rarely have a huge effect on those who do not have planets stimulating the natal Vertex angle. It can just mean meeting those who in some way have an unusual influence on you, and often only for the duration of the transit or direction.
http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/050531.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:15 am 

Vertex in the Signs and in Aspect

"Vertex in Aries

You are expected to pick up the reins of leadership, initiate new directions, take a decisive stand, overcome inhibitions to activate personal drive, learn courage, and conquer fears.

Doing these things may satisfy a fundamental need for expression that you are psychologically ready to fulfill. It can challenge your ability to lead, troubleshoot, or innovate, and it can bring abilities forward from your unconscious that you were not aware of. You can gain awareness of personal courage and self-identity as well.
Not accomplishing these things may put the initiative into another�s hands or leave you unfulfilled because you have compromised or fallen into tempting mediocrity. It is also possible that you will develop a gap in your personality because of a psychologically damaging identity complex.

Vertex in Taurus
You are expected to complete something already set in motion. Others expect you to become self-sustaining and self-supporting, to deal with security problems, and to support the arts in some way. People want you to deal with the world on a material level.
Accomplishing these things may create a solution for a severe emotional or material lack. You outgrow dependency on others and manage your own affairs.
Not doing so may keep you from attaining the self-esteem that you could gain from being self-sufficient. You may also feel social or emotional indebtedness.

Vertex in Gemini
You are expected to bring your ability to communicate or write to the fore, and to use hard-core facts to clarify situations. People expect you to come up with ideas and present them clearly, speak, write, or instruct, debate your own view point, and gain a position as a spokesperson.
Doing these things may improve your ability to get your ideas across to others because you learn to choose your words carefully and have the facts to back them up. You also gain the confidence to speak out because you have developed communication skills and maintained a youthful curiosity. In short, you are well prepared with facts when tested.
Not developing these skills allows you to generalize or go off on a tangent, losing the point you are trying to make. You may avoid research and fail to achieve mental flexibility and clarity, or you may get hung up on a single goal instead of developing the diversity you need.

Vertex in Cancer
You are expected to deal with the public or in the public interest, handle the emotional factors in situations, and learn to deal with women or public figures. People also anticipate your ability to spot trends and accept a background or parental role, and to acknowledge the emotional side of your nature.
Doing these things may help you to develop your nurturing qualities and to recognize your own dependency needs as legitimate concerns in your life. You may also discover a capacity to play the parent role to the world.
Not accomplishing these things may put you at the mercy of other people�s emotions. Situations become distorted and conflicts develop with people who feel you have let them down. You may also give in to the temptation to suppress your emotions.

Vertex in Leo
You are expected to become an individual and not just a member of the group, and to project your own emotions in a special relationship instead of maintaining emotional separation. People expect you to be responsible for teaching, working on an entertainment project, or dealing with young people or children. You also should acknowledge and accept your need for admiration.
In doing these things, you may become aware of your own individuality or creative expression. You give outer expression to the affectionate, creative side of your nature. You strengthen your own ego by helping other people to develop theirs, and you instill confidence and self-worth in those around you through your magnetism and dignity.
Not accomplishing these tasks may lead to a psychologically crippling ego-complex or create conflict within you. You could suffer from the same impersonal treatment you sometimes indulge in.

Vertex in Virgo
You are expected to use your practical insights and your ability to discover flaws. People also want you to provide service, compile material for practical use, and supply work details. You should develop your discriminating faculties, become a useful and productive member of society, and develop conscientious habits and the ability to accept criticism.
Doing these things may make you feel useful in the world and offset a tendency to worry about your health. You also learn to believe in your own self-worth, regardless of the opinions of others. Finally, you are able to function at your most efficient level, knowing that your life has meaning. Not doing so may bring inner conflict because you give in to confusion. You can make yourself nearly invisible. You can also create disorder in your life and a feeling of uselessness.

Vertex in Libra
You are expected to bring opposing factions together, counsel or arbitrate on a fair and equal basis, or seek a satisfactory compromise. You also may develop a cooperative spirit and sense of fair play to help yourself and others to move forward. You may become conscious of a persecution complex that produces inner conflict. You also can relate to others as equals, thereby creating inner balance and avoiding unreasonable social demands. You are expected to cultivate the arts of compromise and detachment.
Accomplishing these tasks may help you to put aside personal ego in partnerships. You also learn to relate to others with a sense of justice. Finally, you learn how to accept the need for balance in your personal life and in your environment.
Not doing so may result in a situation in which you are biased in judgment, and this result could add to your agitation. You may become demanding, in which case you could allow self-centeredness that deepens relationship inhibitions. Then you could fall into both indecisiveness and inertia.

Vertex in Scorpio
You are expected to learn total self-mastery. You will explore the limits of your desires and appetites, defining the limits not only in terms of self but also out of respect for the rights of others. You will assist others in terms of mutual financial arrangements. You may deal with the dead or dying, healing, and good business practices in which you reform or recycle what is obsolete. You may provide concrete assistance to enhance the security of a partnership, acquaint yourself with metaphysics in order to sharpen perspective, and gain a sense of collective values. You may also bring occult knowledge forward into the light.
By doing these things, you may express an inner emotional need to reform, recycle, or find personal rebirth each time you are tested by appetites of the lower nature. Then you gain strength in the regenerative or healing forces of the higher realms, and you may be reborn to the higher self. You could be involved with the issues of working to gain the support of others as well.
If you don't accomplish these goals, you may bow to the base material desires of others, creating a smoldering resentment within yourself. As a result, you may feel conflict and emotional insecurity.

Vertex in Sagittarius
You are expected to develop broad vision and a deeper understanding of the significance behind the facts. You may develop a new religious awareness or a philosophical view of things. You could become inspired by reaching toward higher truth. You may travel or attain a higher education, deal with legal principles, teach a class dealing with religion or philosophy, and editorialize, promote, or bring understanding to difficult situations.
Doing these things may teach you to have faith in yourself, your abilities, and your goals in life. You will learn that faith in yourself must come from faith in something outside the self.
Not accomplishing your goals may incline you to accept a law or principle without looking past the facts to see how it will actually affect people. You will find it difficult to accept the accolades and rewards you have earned and, instead, drift aimlessly through life.

Vertex in Capricorn
You are expected to accept the fact that in carrying out your duties and obligations, you prepare yourself for positions of greater responsibility. You need to accept limitations and diligently work through them. You will realize that you are being forced to develop organizational ability, caution, prudence, and patience. You may possibly run for an office at a time when no one else wants the position. You need to accept limitations whether they are self- imposed or imposed by the outside world.
Accomplishing these goals may make you aware of how much your organizing ability is needed. You will also purify the self through struggle and restriction.
Not fulfilling these tasks may keep you from moving up to a higher position, due to your apparent undependability, instability, or excuses. You may claim that you lack the necessary time due to domestic considerations. You may experience inner conflict if you see yourself as the victim of an unstable environment. You could also have subtle feelings of inferiority from your lack of discipline.

Vertex in Aquarius
You are expected to deal with all kinds of people, even those you feel you cannot tolerate. People want you to develop enough detachment to rise above individual pettiness so you see your peers not as strangers, but as "brothers." You can grow through developing true individuality, unfettered by peer group pressures. You need to accept the idea that you are one among equals.
Doing these things may help you avoid feelings of superiority. You are not too important to bother with being a friend. You will learn to overcome your own ego.
Not accomplishing the above tasks may mean that you become the object of intolerant treatment from any group you are prejudiced against. You may be blocked by those you oppose, simply because they decline to create the future openings you need. Accomplishments become meaningless, and the impact you hope to make on the world falls well short of your expectations.

Vertex in Pisces
You are expected to develop selflessness and cultivate emotional or psychological insights rather than the practical, material insights that come more naturally to you. People want you to develop compassion and the ability to listen to people who may be hurting inside and simply need to know that someone cares. You may decide to serve in areas of confinement, institutions, or places where work must be done quietly behind the scenes. You will also need to accept the fact that we are children of the universe and are here in order to convey the ideal of infinite love and beauty to our less aware brethren.

If you accomplish the above tasks, you may grow through contact with the very people you have assisted. You will gain insights above and beyond practical considerations, and you will realize that you are basically secure in your knowledge of the scheme of things.
Not doing so you turn back into yourself, only to rediscover things you already know. This could generate a sense of futility, which can lead to despair and self-destruction."
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/v ... pects.html

To read vertex in aspect to planets click on the link above and do the research please…

"What about the sign and house position of the vertex? The house positions of the vertex/anti-vertex can offer clues as to where we may experience turning points, meetings with destiny or fateful encounters in life. As noted earlier, the vertex falls usually between the fifth and the eight house, on the western side of the chart, with the anti-vertex 180 degrees opposition.
In the fifth/eleventh house axis, there could be a propensity to experience fateful romantic or creative encounters (fifth house) through contacts with friends or groups (eleventh house).

In the sixth/twelfth house axis, the turning point, or spin out, could effect our day by day living, or our link between psyche and soma (sixth house) through contact with those in the helping professions, those less fortunate or through dreams and creative fantasies (twelfth house).
In the seventh/first house axis, sudden epiphanies could radically effect socially significant partnerships (seventh house) through an experience of projecting ourselves out into the world (first house). In the eighth/second house axis, destiny may arrive in the form of an erotic encounter or intense research (eighth house) perpetrated by a desire for pleasure, security or peace (second house).
The vertex/anti-vertex by sign can signify the way we may experience activation to this axis. Aries/Libra could indicate issues between personal will and sharing, where Taurus/Scorpio may be about security verses risk. Gemini/Sagittarius could contrast knowledge and vision, where Cancer/Capricorn could emphasize protection verses enterprise. The Leo/Aquarius axis might highlight self-expression as opposed to group participation where the Virgo/Pisces might compare structured boundaries and limitless longing.

Conclusions:The vertex is a point in the horoscope that can indicate a sense of destiny working through another person or outstanding event. It may be stimulated by transits, progressions or directions, other people (synastry/composite) or a change of location. The house and sign position can offer clues as to where the change or turning point may take place and in what way. All students are encouraged to watch the vertex in their own charts, determining for themselves the relative value. After all, we never know when Vertumnus might enter our garden in the guise of someone else, offering an unexpected turn of fate!

VERTEX: The Vertex has delineation notes for the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th houses only and does not appear to be considered as worthy of house delineation in any other houses. Delineation by sign still applies. There will be times when the vertex falls in other houses.

VERTEX IN THE FIFTH HOUSE:
You have a childlike orientation, in all of its manifestations, toward relationships on an internal level. That implicit trust, or perhaps naivete, that was instilled in our childhood persists far into maturity. The concomitant explosions and occasional tantrums when these constructs are violated also accompany this position. You have a need for fun, creativity, and excitement in a committed
relationship, no matter how many years it has endured. You often have deep fears, typical of children, of abandonment, as
well as a need for universal acceptance, no matter how you act, which you need your partner to respect and nurture, rather than rebuke, especially in adulthood.

VERTEX IN THE SIXTH HOUSE
You have an attitude of duty, obligation and sacrifice when it comes to heartfelt interactions. Here we often find associations unconsciously based on a medical or religious model of service and sometimes even sainthood. The negative side is the tendency to become hypochondriacal or martyristic to get the love so desperately wanted. There is a need for others to appreciate the sincerity of your intentions, to the daily tasks you execute in a conscientious and caring way and for others to know that your actions, no matter how routine they may seem, are based on devoted love.

VERTEX IN THE SEVENTH: The Vertex in the seventh house is the classic position for those who are always in a partnership of one kind or another (if only in our heads), desperately seeking one, or have decided that it isn't worth the risk since our expectations will never be met. This position indicates a sense that we are not really complete unless we are intimately involved with someone. On some levels there is an irrational fear of ending up alone. The dark side is that you can get highly self-righteous about acceptable modes of behaviour in interacting with others and thereby alienate the very people you long for. Your parental role model was less than secure in your subconscious perceptions, though it may seem fine on an external level.

VERTEX IN THE EIGHTH HOUSE. Indicates an internal yearning for an inseparable union with and total commitment from another, come what may. This need is so intense that we may fantasise all manner of unspeakable actions and reactions if the final dream, once attained, is even threatened. The dark side is that when the reality of our partner does not fit this model (and it rarely does totally) we have a difficult time adjusting if faced with a breach of contract of any sort. Once badly hurt there is a tendency to become jaded and guarded in future relationships, thereby passing up the opportunity to explore interactions which might just fulfil out intense needs perfectly." http://astrologerstar.weebly.com/1/post ... ertex.html

vertex in signs and aspects, go to site above

Further links for research
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... ght=vertex
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum2 ... 06105.html
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1 ... 07634.html

Quote:
We at Cosmic Technologies continuously do some research regarding the most important life events (births, marriages, deaths,...) and will post and share our results regarding marriages here.
However - and fortunately so - we are not alone in this world and other astrologers are doing serious research too re astrology marriage indicators.

Here, we will share and discuss the results of their findings too as they get known.
This way, we hope to bring you the best and most reliable ("scientifically tested") results together.

We would like to mention an important study by "the Astro Investigators", an astrological research group from West Hartford, CT, USA, directed by Alphee Lavoie, doing formal research using scientific methods. They shared their first (preliminary and initial) results regarding astrology marriage indications (April 2005).

They conducted a research in which they analyzed:
o 749 charts of men (Rodden Rating "B" or better) with birth dates ranging from January 29, 1874 - July 13, 1978, coupled with their female partner’s charts, calculated for noon, whose birth dates range from November 28, 1873 to May 13, 1987
o 829 charts of women (Rodden Rating "B" or better) with birth dates ranging from March 20 1831 - July 21, 1983, coupled with their male partner’s charts calculated for noon, whose birth dates range from May 22, 1813 to June 24, 1980.
o They used a 7 degree orb in their aspect studies (which we, at Cosmic Technologies, find too wide, we would prefer 3 degrees in such astrology marriage research...)

What do their findings reveal and what astrology marriage factors do most often occur?
o the Sun seems to be more significant an indicator for marriage in a woman’s chart than in a man’s
o the asteroid Juno is a significant indicator of marriage for both men and women. The wife’s Sun and Mars often oppose the husband’s Juno; the husband’s Venus, Mars and Mercury often trine the wife’s Juno.
o the husband's Vertex conjunct the wife's Node
o the husband's Ascendant square the wife's Ceres
o the wife's Vesta sextile the husband's North Node
o the wife's Vertex opposite the husband's North Node
o the wife's Venus conjunct the husband's Pallas
o the husband's Venus sextile the wife's Mars
o the wife's Vertex conjunct the husband's Sun
o the husband's Pallas conjunct the wife's Sun
o the wife's Ascendant opposite the husband's Pallas
o the husband's North Node square the wife's North Node
o the husband's North Node opposite the wife's North Node

Following our own research so far, there is an important signature that stands out for the moment and that points to a marriage:
o The Ascendant of one partner EXACTLY conjunct one of the angles (Ascendant, Descendant, MC or IC) of the other partner and/or
o The MC of one partner EXACTLY conjunct one of the angles (Ascendant, Descendant, MC or IC) of the other partner.

The more the conjunction is exact the better and if ALL the angles (Ascendant, Descendant, MC or IC) of one parter coincide with the angles (Ascendant, Descendant, MC or IC) of the other, Wooow woow!!
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compat ... riage.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:19 am 

"One of the questions that has already come up a number of times in the Soul Points class I’m teaching is, “Both the Vertex and the Nodes are sensitive relationship points that often feel destined, what’s the difference?”

It’s assumed that contacts to both the Nodes (particularly the South Node) and the Vertex feel like ‘fate’ is playing a hand. It’s assumed that both the Nodes and the Vertex axis give us those ‘aha’ moments, those rare, often once-in-a-lifetime meetings that stir us with feelings of forever (at first). They cause us to believe that the ‘one and only’ really exists–it must, because we’ve never felt this way before. We’re swept away, we’re dizzy with destiny, we feel as though the universe has a plan for us and that this rarefied, just-met being is along for the ride. God has fashioned someone just for us, to fit perfectly into our lives, to fill our unique need.

There is no question that contacts to either end of the Nodal axis or the Vertex axis are powerful. (So are squares.) But Vertex connections and Nodal connections via synastry play out very differently in the scheme of our developing consciousness.The difference begins with the definition of the points themselves.

As you’ll remember from the articles on the Nodes, they are defined by the place where the orbit of the Moon crosses the path of the Sun from the point of view of the Earth. The Vertex, on the other hand, is defined by the place where the path of the Sun, called the ecliptic, crosses the Prime Verticle, –okay, too complicated. Let’s just say that the Prime Vertical cuts the ball of the Earth into right angles. It gives you the absolute East and West points from the perspective of the highest point in the sky, the Zenith (absolute North), and the absolute bottom of the space/chart, the Nadir. (This measurement is different from the Midheaven or MC, which is derived from the place where the Sun is at the Noon point, and which is the measurement by which we calculate our usual Ascendant/Descendant axis. More of that later.)

Now, think about that for a minute. The Vertex axis is the place where the Sun’s path crosses an absolute measurement derived from the position of the Earth. It’s all about the creative force and impetus (the Sun) meeting our absolute reference point. (Um, for those of you who may be sleeping, the astrological chart is a picture of the sky from the point of view of the Earth, which we call Geocentric. For a chart with the Sun at the center and which places a position for the Earth, you have to draw up a heliocentric chart.)

The Vertex, in essence, represents the place where our life force meets the cross of matter as represented by the Earth. It takes no prisoners. Anyone who has worked with the Vertex axis for any length of time can feel the insistence in it. It is, in fact, a souped-up Ascendant/Descendant axis. Our Asc/Desc is derived from the Sun’s noon point on our day of birth (the MC) in relation to the point on the Earth’s horizon for the hour and place of birth. (The MC is not necessarily the Zenith, but that’s for another day.) Our Asc/Desc axis divides the light and the darkness, the seen from the unseen. What is above and what is below. What we grasp of our identity as we live it and what we may project. The Vertex doesn’t care about any of that.

The reason is that particular perspective from the point of view of Earth. It is the Moon that represents not only our past, but our anchored physicality–our selves as represented in matter. The Moon represents the matter of our physical body and all the planes that influence and effect that body: physical, emotional, mental, spiritual. The Moon carries the egoic egg that retains our energetic aura. The Moon is our collected history, our definition of ourselves by whatever our encounters with life (and past lives) have brought to our identity. It is the result of our gathered experience.

The Vertex represents something very different. It is the ultimate individuality, the unique creative Self without the reference points of the past. Imagine a pure you, a unique spark of the cosmos, that is not defined by interacting with material existence. The Earth represents our perspective, our pure point of view, our idea of ourselves as an individual element in the greater divinity. An identity without the need for ego defenses. An identity whose only purpose is to take part in that greater divinity in whatever way it can.

Vertex contacts, no matter what end of the axis they hit, assist the process of that divinity directly. This is why Vertex contacts often seem to come ‘out of the blue,’ with no hint, no trace, no preparation. It’s because Vertex contacts aren’t part of a process. We can’t figure out the ‘why’ of a Vertex contact, it just is–and usually the sense of ‘fate’ comes from the fact that something or someone is provided just at the point it is most needed; whether or not we ever knew that we needed it before. In an odd way, the Vertex acts as a secret and sacred ‘helping hand.’ It’s almost Uranian in the way it operates: we might suspect something on the way if a big transit to the Vertex is due, but we have a hard time guessing how it might manifest. And honestly, if we can guess, it usually means that what we guessed is precisely what won’t happen. We might be anticipating a lover, but Vertex contacts are just as likely to manifest as an offer, a friendship, or a turn of mind that takes us down a road we would never have anticipated. We might not even notice the impact until the transit or progression is long past. One of my most profound Vertex transits happened on the day I was offered a new job–the loss of which, a short time later, enabled me to establish myself as a full time astrologer. Without that job (and the loss of it), I wouldn’t be here.

Conjunctions to either end of the axis are the most profoundly felt. Vertex contacts help to reveal our divine fate, but conjunctions to the anti-Vertex are no less profound. The anti-Vertex allows us to process our divinity through the vehicle of ‘other’–when other’s planets fall on our anti-Vertex, we reveal ourselves through the ‘not I.’ Often, anti-Vertex contacts involve commitment and sacrifice beyond the call of duty, and we usually don’t mind fulfilling those commitments because we feel the divine pulse of our own spirit gradually unveiling in our actions. The point of all Vertex contacts is to reveal ourselves from a perspective that is higher and deeper than ordinary conscious awareness. In a way, the Vertex is beyond the Nodes, which are all about the development of consciousness. The Vertex unveils the “Watcher,” in us. The one who knows. The one who is beyond the conscious Self.

Squares from one chart to another’s Vertex axis will stimulate this ‘Self beyond self.’ The Vertex is not an energy that we wrestle with or try to develop, or struggle to integrate. It just is. Squares to the Vertex axis will urge us towards effortless being. Under Venus or Jupiter, we may feel loved or understood for the first time. With the outer planets squaring our Vertex, there may be a shock of removal that clears our path in a painful way. Mars may teach us about sexuality in a way that we never expected.

Sadly, relationships that are lesson-based are usually short term, and the Vertex is no exception. The trick is to step into them unafraid and unprotected, trusting in the divine wisdom of your own soul’s intelligence. It’s like that exercise we’ve all done in the theatre, where we’re blindfolded, led around by the hand and forced to trust our fellow actors. Ultimately, we stop feeling the need to cling, and allow ourselves to feel what it’s like to be free of fear, because there is a guiding force at work that knows where it’s going. As they say, we must remember that we are spiritual beings having an earthly experience, and the Vertex leads the way."

In part 2, we’ll discuss fate and the Nodes.

On the difference between Vertex and nodal axis I read an article on inner wheel.
http://theinnerwheel.com/2011/01/19/sou ... tex-versus -the-nodes-part-one/ http://theinnerwheel.com/2011/02/08/sou ... tex-versus -the-nodes-part-two/

"I first discovered the Vertex around 1976-77. To explore how it worked I adjusted the calculations to the Southern Hemisphere and then studied its effect on my clients when it was activated by transits, Solar Arcs and Progressions. This has given me a whole Saturn return period of “hands on” research with thousands of people.

My conclusions are:
• The Vertex axis is not an especially strong point in a natal chart unless it has a planet or Node conjunct it or in close to exact aspect with it.
• If it has a planet or Node conjunct, it often becomes an over-riding force that makes the Vertex and that planet stronger than anything else in the chart, including a planet conjunct the Ascendant or MC.
• If it has a planet in close aspect it enhances that planet’s nature, its sign and house to a considerable degree, making that planet a very strong focus in the chart.
• A planet conjunct or in a close to exact aspect to the Vertex tends to give a specific and often intense destiny – something the person is required to do or experience for greater soul development, or must do in order to find meaning in life – or both!
• Therefore Vertex stimulation can have an almost compulsive effect that overrides all other considerations.

The Vertex axis can have such a strong effect because it is the third and most powerful axis in the life development process.
The Ascendant axis describes the physical body and brain and the environment in which a child is reared. A child does not see herself or himself as an individual, but as a part of a family and the environment.

As this child grows into an adult, s/he develops a sense of self as an individual, and eventually moves into the world to “make a mark”. This process is described by the MC axis, and in our cultures this process is mainly experienced through a career or avocation.
The Vertex axis stimulates Cosmic Awareness, an understanding that an individual is an integral part of the Universe, not just an isolated, separate entity. This is an enormously important and deeply freeing realization, but it can often require intense experiences (pleasant and/or unpleasant) to awaken someone to this understanding. This doesn’t mean that people without planets on angles in connection to the Vertex don’t have cosmic awareness, but it does mean that there is not such a strong stimulus to develop this awareness in this lifetime.
The Vertex axis can be likened to a doorway that gives access to other realities. It is usually highly emphasized, with a planet conjunct (orb 8°), in the charts of people who have this ability. The doorway is of the nature of the sign and house where the Vertex resides and powerfully emphasizes that sign, making it at least as important as that of the Ascendant and MC.
Astrologers often have Uranus and/or Neptune in close contact with the Vertex. Our own host, Noel Tyl, has Vertex in Scorpio quindecile Uranus in the 11th house. It seems he was destined to re-discover this very important aspect (the quindecile) and present it to the astrological community.

Following the Vertex as guide to other realities opens the door to subtle aspect measurements (harmonics). Septile (7th harmonic) patterns give the ability to understand other realities, the Vertex gives the ability to access other realities and so the combination of a septile pattern and a planet conjunct the Vertex is common in the natal charts of inspirational people, psychics and magicians. Uri Geller (20 December 1946, 2.00 am, Tel Aviv, Palestine) has Vertex conjunct North Node-Uranus in Gemini in a septile pattern with Moon-Venus-Jupiter-Saturn – surely a clear indication of his exceptional nature and gifts and the extraordinary experiences in his life.
Intensely creative people often have a planet conjunct the Vertex axis together with a quintile (5th harmonic) aspect or pattern.
Some exceptional people have a novile (9th harmonic) aspect or pattern connected to the Vertex. As the novile series of aspects are connected to initiation, this combination gives an intense initiation during this lifetime. It also gives the ability to act as an initiator for others.

FORECASTING
When the Vertex and the planet(s) it conjoins move to exact aspect by Solar Arc, key periods are clearly marked in childhood. There is usually a year made crucial through a major event, if there is also a transit or eclipse trigger, or through internal discovery of an unusual facet to your nature. From then on, all transits, Solar Arcs and Progressions to this point are highly sensitive, though not all will bring events in the outer world. The year that Solar Arc or Progressions bring together the Vertex and its ruler is also a powerful period.
Transits, Solar Arcs and Progressions involving the Vertex rarely have a huge effect on those who do not have planets stimulating the natal Vertex angle. It can just mean meeting those who in some way have an unusual influence on you, and often only for the duration of the transit or direction.

However, for those with a natal Vertex highlighted there is usually one powerful period of destiny in the life that is designed to awaken the person to a wider reality. During this period the Vertex can bring very big events indeed. Christopher Reeve (25 September 1952, 3.12 am New York NY) had natal Vertex conjunct Chiron in Capricorn in wide novile to his Descendant. The natal bi-novile between the Vertex and Saturn (its ruler) described the likelihood of a deep initiation this lifetime. When Vertex-Chiron moved by Solar Arc to his Descendant, and Saturn moved to novile his Vertex, he had an accident that left him paralyzed from the neck down. Christopher Reeve then became a powerful force for stem-cell research that has the potential to radically improve our ability to repair severe injuries.
There is usually only one powerful period of destiny in the life, but many Vertex activations. The other times the Vertex is triggered usually indicates meeting people, animals or even computers who have a profound or unusual long lasting effect." http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/050531.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:20 am 

"Vertex Conjunct Sun
You find it relatively easy to be a person of importance. Your own self-esteem attracts prominent people to you, and the risks you take are usually sound. Being in charge of others and coming before the public are areas in which you are comfortable.

Vertex Conjunct Moon
A woman or women in your life may be the catalyst for finding the emotional life you want. Sometimes this occurs within the family. You are seen as a nurturer to others as well as yourself. You are expected to be the heart of your family, helping others to find their lives worthwhile.

Vertex Conjunct Mercury
You need people with good communicative skills in your life who will stimulate you mentally. A sibling or spouse may fulfill this role. Since you take a mental view of life, education is important. Pets and automobiles are often part of your life.

Vertex Conjunct Venus
You are often expected to rely on your charm and good looks to advance in life. Money is usually plentiful and important to you. There is a love of beautiful possessions and an active social life for which you are willing to put out a lot of effort. There is usually popularity too.

Vertex Conjunct Mars
Other�s may push your buttons easily. You have to develop the tact and charm to overcome this. You could attract aggressive or assertive people, which may be to your benefit if you handle it well. Some people with this aspect, such as policemen, carry weapons. Use your own assertiveness to get the things you want.

Vertex Conjunct Jupiter
Much is expected of you since you have the potential for outstanding achievements. You may have been born into a privileged family or one that values education highly. The fields of law, publishing, or higher education may attract you. You are tolerant of foreigners or those of a different background.

Vertex Conjunct Saturn
Far from having a negative impact, your characteristics of seriousness and sense of responsibility are assets. Usually you accept your responsibilities willingly. You are one who can be counted on even if you have to sacrifice some of your own desires to do so.

Vertex Conjunct Uranus
There is a determination to express your uniqueness or sometimes genius. This can be favorable as long as it doesn�t become mere eccentricity. Modern technology is a natural for you.

Vertex Conjunct Neptune
You may attract very strong personalities or rather weak ones. Also, you may be attracted to artistic, sensitive, or spiritual types, or those involved in drugs and alcohol. Big doses of realism enable you to avoid negativity. While deception is possible, you may be the one deceiving yourself. You could become pompous or mystical when you are in over your head.

Vertex Conjunct Pluto
Though you function in large organizations well, you experience control issues. You want control of your own life, even if it�s a subconscious urge. The use of force or jealousy from or toward you may be excessive, but it does indicate great power for good or evil to be who you want to be.

Vertex Conjunct Ascendant
This is not possible in the northern or southern hemispheres.

Vertex Conjunct Midheaven
You may be fated to have a very influential incarnation. Like Ghandi of India you may be here for a special purpose. Your parents influence your career as well as your moral and spiritual values.

Vertex Sextile Sun
Opportunities come in your life to boost the value you place on your services. Usually these come through male figures. You may develop a talent for working with children too. Sports and creative efforts smooth the way for the promotions you seek.

Vertex Sextile Moon
Your everyday efforts and warmth hold the family together so there are opportunities for your home and family to give you emotional support and satisfaction. Any type of nurturing is your greatest blessing. You carry out household chores willingly. Relationships with women are favored too.

Vertex Sextile Mercury
Communication and education are two areas where your abilities are expected. You have a good mind. You have opportunities to be involved with neighbors, travel, brothers and sisters, or writing. Your opportunities may come from new technology. Keeping up with the latest means of communication is a must.

Vertex Sextile Venus
You have the opportunity to have a rewarding love or romance in your life. Social affairs and marriages tend to work out well, and relationships with young women go well. Luxury items and money are available to you more easily than for most. Money may be earned by the sale or handling of anything that beautifies your surroundings.

Vertex Sextile Mars
You may use your abundant energy in many different ways depending on the signs involved. Fire signs might be inclined to favor sports or exercise programs. Air signs need to use their mental energy. Water and earth may be emotional and nurturing or down to earth and practical.

Vertex Sextile Jupiter
The benefits of having good luck are yours when you use good judgment. You�re expected to travel, if not literally then vicariously, to expand your world and increase your income. You may have opportunities to expand through volunteering for some of the many jobs that need volunteers.

Vertex Sextile Saturn
You can set long-range goals so that you do not have to have instant gratification. You develop self-reliance that others lack. You may have to go to work early in your life to help the family. Illnesses usually come with the opportunity to solve them.

Vertex Sextile Uranus
You are allowed the personal freedom to be yourself to best express your uniqueness. Friends may help you achieve this goal. Sudden events in your life, while not feeling sudden to you, keep others wondering what�s next. You�ll benefit from the study of astrology.

Vertex Sextile Neptune
You find forms of escape that are practical and constructive. Anything that creates an illusion, such as photography or cosmetics, interests you. Daydreaming, travel, or spiritual goals are constructive outlets too. You are also compassionate and idealistic, and services you render are helpful and imaginative.

Vertex Sextile Pluto
Control issues are softened here. There are opportunities for regeneration or to make yourself whatever you want to be. Deaths, surgeries, power issues and other drastic changes may be handled well because you see yourself as a powerful person. You may change your world as well as yourself.

Vertex Sextile Ascendant
This is not possible in the northern or southern hemisphere.

Vertex Sextile Midheaven
Opportunities come to you due to the favorable influence of your parents. Later in life it may be your fate to be given chances to excel career wise and to reap the benefits of what you have learned from one or both of your parents. An important move could bring opportunities too.

Vertex Square Sun
Once you overcome the negative images you have of male figures or anyone in authority, you have the ability to gain status You have the drive to overcome the obstacles that have stood in your way. You put out the effort needed when health issues arise.

Vertex Square Moon
When you feel tied down by domestic duties or find your home unsettled, you may have to enlist the help of the whole family or friends. You may find an emotional support system by being an emotional supporter for others. Efforts need to be made to improve conditions for females in your life.

Vertex Square Mercury
Physical concerns include respiratory problems, allergies, or colds. Since you may feel that you do not learn as easily as others, you often overachieve in mental areas and become an excellent communicator. A brother or sister could burden you with his or her problems if you allow it.

Vertex Square Venus
Your love relationships require special attention. To avoid conflicts, you have to be careful to encourage only those whose values are similar to your own to avoid conflicts. You may experience the loss of a loved one. Laziness or a lack of neatness may manifest. Great care is needed in the handling of money. Physically, there can be concerns with the throat, voice, tonsils, or veins.

Vertex Square Mars
Finding your best niche is necessary for overcoming the anger or strife you might feel or be subject to. You could feel helpless to overcome the stress from other people, yet you have the energy to act. Just be sure your actions are constructive. You may be impulsive not spending enough time or effort to do your homework before acting.

Vertex Square Jupiter
The only thing negative here is that you may have too much of a good thing or you are overly self-indulgent. You may spoil your children or be spoiled yourself. Getting to know people with different ideas better and walking in their shoes for a while may help you work out prejudices.

Vertex Square Saturn
The difficulties or lack of warmth you have with your father (or parents) inspire you to do better with your own life if you do not let negativity take over. Some difficult conditions are based on fear. In overcoming the fear, you overcome the conditions and become a stronger person.

Vertex Square Uranus

You don�t seem to be cut from the same cookie cutter as others. This opens you up to many interests others avoid, and these interests are not always accepted by the masses. Relationships that don�t let you express who you really are may have to end abruptly, whether you or the other person initiates the action.

Vertex Square Neptune
You may have a blind spot which brings problems or situations you would normally resist. Drugs and alcohol can play too large a part in your life, or you may be dealing with other�s problems with these. Turning to the arts or giving service are constructive ways to handle this energy. You have a tendency to romanticize your life.

Vertex Square Pluto
You must deal with the drastic changes that come in your life. You could be the victim of power plays from others, or you exert power yourself in a negative way. Jointly held money or sexual issues are prominent too. Tax and insurance matters must be handled with integrity. Although it is not easy, you have the power to regenerate your life.

Vertex Square Ascendant
This is not possible in the northern or southern hemisphere

Vertex Square Midheaven
Some of you have suffered from the care or lack of care from a parent. There can be too little or too much parental guidance. This could affect your career by making it difficult to trust that authority figures will meet your needs.

Vertex Trine Sun
You get the rewards of the efforts you have put out to succeed. There�s a certain amount of luck and drama with this aspect. There should be many who hlep you to feel positive about your life. You are favored by the men in your life, your father, son, brother, boss, etc.

Vertex Trine Moon
Not only do you expect yourself to have a harmonious home life, but you also have a good business sense. You seem to know what the public wants. Emotional situations are usually happy, with you providing a stabilizing influence. You may have good instincts about real estate.

Vertex Trine Mercury
Your clarity of thinking and skills in expressing yourself could make you a good teacher, student, or writer. You want to exchange ideas and you have many mental interests, making you an interesting person to talk to. You also know when to avoid talking.

Vertex Trine Venus
You are fortunate where finances are concerned because you do not let money become a problem to you, whether you have it or not. You try to make the most of your appearance and personality making you a pleasant person to have around. Your relationships are usually quite happy and fortunate too.

Vertex Trine Mars
Not only do you have abundant energy but you also use it constructively. When you find it necessary to be aggressive, you do so in a way that is productive and positive. You can be especially helpful to young people, perhaps as an athletic coach. You are probably ambitious and competitive, liking to be number one.

Vertex Trine Jupiter
The expectations you have for yourself often motivate high achievements. In some cases there is fame and luck. Legal, religious, and philosophical matters are carried out with the highest ethics. You see people for who they are, and you want your life to expand beyond the life in which you were born.

Vertex Trine Saturn
You are usually self-motivated, not needing the constant encouragement and pushing some require. Even as a child you were the one who could be relied on to take care of yourself and do what you believe is right. You may show wisdom that you may have gained in other lives as well as this one.

Vertex Trine Uranus
You benefit from the surprising events in your life. Friends open your world to greater things than you ever dreamed of. Humanitarian and group activities are favored. Your uniqueness is an asset to you, and others find you to be an interesting person. You may be ahead of your time.

Vertex Trine Neptune
There is hardly a better aspect for the arts, music, painting, dancing, etc. However, you may live in a fog, lacking reality in your life. Yours is a life best spent pursuing spiritual goals rather than material ones.

Vertex Trine Pluto
This indicates enormous power to open up new phases of your life through regeneration. Situations that would devastate others may be dealt with in constructive ways. Once you decide on a course of action, there is little to hold you back. You are expected to use this power well.

Vertex Trine Ascendant
Fate seems to be kind to you. You meet the expectations that the world has of you, and you express yourself in a way that shows the result of constructive effort from this or other lifetimes.

Vertex Trine Midheaven
You draw people and situations to you that help you gain prestige and allow you to express your talents. You probably had a positive role model in one or both parents. Your own abilities are allowed to have beneficial expression. Changes in your position in the world are happy ones.

Vertex Quincunx Sun
Caring for your health and making adjustments to conditions of others in your life, especially men, may bring out the best in you. The adjustments you must make often steer you in the direction of your true calling. You may have concerns about your partner�s money, insurance, or taxes.

Vertex Quincunx Moon
You�re expected to make the needed adjustments due to changes in the family. This could be due to a new baby or caring for an elderly relative. Divorce or death may necessitate building a new life, or your work situation could change. You know how to meet these situations without sacrificing your own health.

Vertex Quincunx Mercury
Your attitude toward education is to balance education and other areas of your life. You may not understand the importance you place on work and study, and you find going along with other�s ideas difficult. Respiratory problems may occur. Being around smoke or unclean air is especially detrimental for you.

Vertex Quincunx Venus
You are certainly one who needs to know yourself well and define what you want out of life. If you don�t you may compromise more than is necessary and then resent others for having to do so. Your efforts to improve or maintain your appearance give you more confidence. Throat or voice problems may arise at times.

Vertex Quincunx Mars

Some of your actions can be quite startling to others. You might be expected to serve as a fireman, soldier, policeman or another emergency responder, requiring quick adjustments to emergency situations. Initiative, strength and endurance are strong points for people of both sexes.

Vertex Quincunx Jupiter

You must learn moderation to avoid liver problems or other problems related to overindulgence. Adjustments have to be made for children going off to college or for your own education and travel. It helps to use good judgment regarding legal matters so that you avoid frivolous or vindictive actions.

Vertex Quincunx Saturn
You may experience chronic health concerns. Although extra work is required in many situations, your ability to be flexible and solve problems is usually an asset. You learn how to relate to authority figures out of a necessity to do so.

Vertex Quincunx Uranus
It is important to you to have your personal space and you will fight to insure this for others as well. You would like to be your own boss. If you have small children, you really need time out occasionally. Electronics and all forms of modern technology draw your attention.

Vertex Quincunx Neptune
Idealism, need for service, and health matters may be combined in a career as a pharmacist or in any of the health fields. Situations may seem more glamorous than they are. You may be somewhat na�ve, and you may need to be more realistic and informed. It might be easy to try to escape in one of many ways, but eventually reality has to be faced.

Vertex Quincunx Pluto
Major expectations of you are often the result of world conditions. These may affect your job and income. Sometimes accidents or deaths impact on your ability to adjust. Either / or situations are a part of your life. You must learn to adopt a constructive and unselfish attitude to money.

Vertex Quincunx Ascendant
You could be one of those people who often has to adjust to health conditions, changes within your job, or deaths within your circle. You have the know-how to adjust to these situations from both the standpoint of strong inner resources and the flexibility to bounce back.

Vertex Quincunx Midheaven
Health concerns may interfere with your career or position in the world unless you learn to accept the changes that are necessary. Women often have to balance career with family needs, or a death in your own circle requires adjustments in your position.

Vertex Opposition Sun
You find that by doing something for yourself, you attain the success or happiness you deserve. You may achieve a feeling of importance due to the confidence you feel about yourself.

Vertex Opposition Moon
It is necessary to balance your emotional needs with those of others. A strong knowledge of who you are as an individual helps you gain this balance. Others need your help and emotional support. You could gain much satisfaction from being in public life or running for a local office.

Vertex Opposition Mercury
There may be opposition to your ideas or you feel that you have to give up your favorite ideas. There may be conflicts to work out with others in travel, writing, or teaching. In some way your good mind could make others think you are marching to a different drummer. You need to do something for yourself.

Vertex Opposition Venus
Some inhibitions or feelings of unworthiness may cloud your romantic and social prospects. Your ideas about social activities have to be balanced with other people's plans. Your throat and voice are important to you so you have to avoid abusing them. You need to pamper yourself and let your charm come through.

Vertex Opposition Mars
Opposition to your actions comes from other people, and you are expected to learn how to handle these difficult situations. You could say that this ability is being brought forth in your nature. While these situations are not easy, you may draw on your own charm to bring balance.

Vertex Opposition Jupiter
You may receive some opposition to your plans for higher education, travel, or anything that broadens your life. Sometimes compromises have to be made. You need to listen to others' ideas if your judgment is not sound about a matter, or if you are blinded by emotional involvements. People may oppose you in the courts too.

Vertex Opposition Saturn
You may be pushed into a role that is not your real self. Others oppose your efforts so that you have to learn to stand up for yourself. Your own sense of responsibility provides balance that enables you to be the person you should be and to defuse any tension.

Vertex Opposition Uranus
When other people or situations curb your freedom, you can rebel. Usually it�s more productive to balance other people's needs with your own individuality. You come in contact with new and exciting friends, and you would thoroughly enjoy a study of astrology in groups.

Vertex Opposition Neptune
There may be a hidden side to your nature. Indecision and compassion are strong too. Sometimes a touch of genius causes misunderstandings. You may attract people with drug or alcohol problems, and it may take all your strength to avoid getting caught up in this. Spiritual and artistic matters bring out the best of this energy.

Vertex Opposition Pluto
Some things that are no longer needed are purged from your life making way for other experiences. You are expected to handle powerful opposition and power struggles to bring about regeneration. Sexual feelings may meet opposition, or taxes and insurance concerns may be forced on you. By taking the ethical high road, you may meet these well.

Vertex Opposition Ascendant
You have major lessons that usually involve another person. Some individual is likely to have a very strong influence on you. This may be your spouse or anyone else who is important to you.

Vertex Opposition Midheaven
Issues that arise with your family and in your home are intense and powerful, and you can grow as a person by learning how to deal with these important relationships and situations."

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/v ... pects.html