BOB MARKS ASTROLOGER NETWORK

A community of Astrological Mentors, Apprentices and Enthusiasts
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nodal returns
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:48 pm 

I would like to talk about anyone's nodal return. Every 18 years. Seems it's a fortunate thing. I am curious as to what it brought you guys.

Me, when I was about 18/19 I formed a band and we won a contest. PLayed in 'the Melkweg' a concert hall in A'dam in the finals. It was AWESOME!!!! Professional sound/light really is cool! This resulted in another band and we played on stage a few times too. After a year I won another contest singing.

Now, coming october I have my second nodal return and you may know...I am really looking forward to it. :wink:

Know what, it might just be me on stage again infront of at least 2000 people. It's a huge jubilee of the school and all it's establishments I work for. I know our school gives great party's so this one will be HUGE and awesome. It seems that the show on stage will be produced by a real producer of a musical academy and they hired a topsinger and band. Co workers with guts can apply and together with the producer and band a show will be made of it all. I am excited to say the least.

Lately I have been missing my music so much, I really want to show all my colleagues what I am made off :lol:

So ain't it funny, another nodal return exactly then?!

Please share your stories. I am sooo interested!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:23 pm 

I'm not having a nodal return right now, but the N. Node at 8 Pisces is on my Sun in the first house. In about 2 degrees... it will be on my S.Node @ 6 Pisces. I'd be curious to know what a nodal opposition might indicate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:42 pm 

Here's a little something I found:

Quote:
The Nodal Degree
The degree in which the North Node is placed in the natal chart is a highly significant one. For example, if your Dragon's Head is placed in the 22nd degree of Aries, the 22nd degree of each of the other zodiacal signs is called the nodal degree. The South Node of course is placed in the opposing degree, but this nodal degree is also considered a very sensitive point in each of the signs, so whenever the nodal degree is activated by progression or transit, significant karmic events may be expected. Moreover, should any natal planet be placed in a nodal degree, it's influence is also strengthened for good or ill, depending on its character and condition.

The Nodal Return
The Moon's nodes regress to their birth position once every 18.6 years or so, when the transiting nodes form a conjunction with the natal nodes. This means that in our 19th year, we have what astrologers call a Nodal Return. In our 38th year we have another one; in our 56th, another and so on. Significant moments of destiny are marked by these returns, which if we look at these years of our lives, we can clearly see. It is also notable that, because the nodes are an axis, halving this period gives the Nodal Opposition, when the transiting North Node is in conjunction with the natal South Node and vice versa. So in our 10th year, 28th year, 47th year, 66th year and so on a collison occurs in which the growth patterns indicated by the North Node clash with the established regimes of the South Node, often generating intense insecurities that lead to major transformations of the life-path. This is particularly so in the 28th year, during which the powerful energies of the progressed Lunar Return and the first Saturn Return mark the stressful transition from the Phase of Youth to the Phase of Maturity.
The best way to understand the astrological nature of the Nodes might be to envisage them as bubbling pools of karmic energy. These have a massive potency, which is associated with powerful events and feelings whenever they are activated by progressions or transits. Because the nodes are pools of karma associated primarily with the house in which they are located, the related effects are deep and often seem almost inevitable. It is not for nothing that they are called the Dragon's Head and Tail...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:39 pm 

Nodal returns seem to me to be highly significant.

They seem to mark your beginning and it is very important.

Just wondering if Saturn returns or n node returns carry more weight. Both seem to Mark a new beginning, both can be karmic.

North node is more spiritual and Saturn more worldly but then can be the same road. All returns lead to the same road and support the other ones.

All is one or all is nothing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:24 pm 

My life seemed pretty steady, nothing unusual, spectacular or disruptive going on...that's what I remember of the time period of my nodal return and when the node was in Sag...my node being at 29 Sag. I remember the time period though when the north node was in Cap, and it felt very karmic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:06 am 

Location: the phenomenon of combustion manifested in light, flame, and heat
Went to Amsterdam and ... all the wonderful magic tragic insights perception can mend allowed me to follow me.